Details of the 2018 Tour of the Gila
April 18 – 22, 2018
Silver City, New Mexico
The Silver City/Grant County area would like to extend our warmest welcome to all teams, racers and their family members, and officials. If you are new to the Tour of the Gila, we hope you will enjoy your first race here. We have tried to supply enough information in this race bible so that those who are unfamiliar with the courses will have some idea of what to expect. If you are among the many returning competitors then you already know about the challenges that await you. We also hope you know about the hospitality you may expect here. It is one of the reasons we get so many riders returning annually. Please pay respect to local residents, volunteers, corner marshals, technical support staff, etc…. They all donate their time to make this event happen. Don’t be afraid to thank them.
5 Days of Stage Races:
Wednesday through Sunday; April 18 to April 22, 2018, for the following categories:
- UCI Men
- UCI Women
- Men 1,2
- Men 3
- Master Men A (40+ 1/2/3)
4 Days of Stage Races:
Thursday through Sunday; April 19 to April 22, 2018, for the following categories:
- Men 4,5
- Master Men B (40+ 3/4/5)
- Women 3,4,5
2 Days of Individual Races: Saturday & Sunday; April 21 to April 22, 2018, for the following category:
REGISTRATION & PACKET PICK-UP
- UCI Men and UCI Women: Tuesday, April 17, 3 pm to 5 pm, Location Grant County Veterans Memorial Business and Convention Center, 3031 Highway 180 East in Silver City.
- Men 1,2; Men 3 and Master Men A: Tuesday, April 17, noon to 5 pm, Location Grant County Veterans Memorial Business and Convention Center, 3031 Highway 180 East in Silver City.
- Gila Hike & Bike, at 103 E. College Ave., Silver City, Wednesday, April 18, 5 pm to 9 pm
- Start line at Buckhorn Saloon & Opera House in Pinos Altos, Thursday, April 19, 7 am to 7:30 am
- 6th & Bullard at The Hub, Saturday, April 21, 10:30 am to 12 pm
Files To Download